Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

If I remember my plane it is not an exact fit, but it is no where that bad. Now I know I don’t t have the same wing tip because I do not have marker landing lights. I plan on going to the Airport today, I could take a photo of how well it matches to the trailing edge. You could use a couple of beads of hysol to build up the training edge, and then shape it to fit.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks for all the ideas and information guys. I am in touch with John Mc and will explain the story as it come to light.

cheers

r

It's obvious that you have the Laker Leading Edge kit in your photos. We're building the SS7 and have the same type of wing tips to accept the LED lamps. I can't see where your front spar is in the photo, but it would appear that the LLE kit extends further to the front than what I built (without the LLE kit). I have photos that I can post later from home. But I suspect that the 'short' trailing edge of your wing tip may be due to the LLE kit. Our wing tips are laterally even front and back w/o the LLE. I agree, just build up the back end with a fiberglass fin for strength and SuperFil and your good to go.
    BobRS
    SS7, Rotax 914
    Albuquerque, NM USA

I thought the trailing edge of my wing tip didn't match, but they are just a little longer then the adjacent rib. They are kind of rounded on the ends, both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Default the wing tip solution!

Thanks for all the suggestions after I posted about the wingtips. I was really concerned I was missing something, but after talking with John Mc via email, he suggested the same type as fix as you guys did - basically just add some on the rear end of the tips. He did say it was the first case he had heard of them being short. But as we know, size does matter, so I made them a little longer! I am a little surprised by this. Everything else seems pretty precise but how hard is it get a fibreglass mould right? and if every body else seems hove long ones, then why have I got short ones (yes, I realise what you are all thinking, so before I get censored, back to topic!)

I just cut the end and inserted an alloy plate, trimmed it, and hysoled it in. all pretty simple really. A bit more fairing to do but you get the idea.

Then got on with the flaperons.

a good day at the hanger!

cheers

ross

I am trying to find how to start a new post on this site, any help would be great

Jim

Jim, click on the the appropriate heading section on the main page such as Kitfox general discussion or Engine, Electrical, Propeller, ect.

Then look near the very top of that page for a blue button labeled "New Thread". Click on "New Thread" and a box will appear to type your post in. Also you must give it a "Title". When finished just scroll down to the bottom of the typing box and click on "Submit New Thread". Simple as that.

P.S. I assume you know you must be logged in to access the New Thread and Reply to an existing post features.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

okay that all seems simple. When I am on new posts what is the best way to get back to the home page

JIm,

just go up the top and click on 'Discussion' or 'Teamkitfox Forums'. that will open up heaps of interesting threads that I am sure you will enjoy

cheers

r

If you got to TeamKitfox Forums > Discussions > kitfox general discussions
    you will find the New Thread GUI

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas