Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: One Lucky Fox

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: One Lucky Fox

Well, all the mechanicals are done on the fuselage so I hung it from the ceiling joists and started reading up on the STi wing installation. Guess I need to pull the fuse back down sooner rather than later. Ah well.

In other news, I'm an idiot. I laid one of the tanks in the wing hole last week just to see what's what. Today, not thinking, I turned the rotisserie and BANG! the tank fell out. So, so stupid. I'm using engine stands and it landed right on one of the metal supports, dinged the fiberglass. I'm open to suggestions on how to fix this:

- Proseal from ACS?
    - Someone used this stuff: https://www.hirschauto.com/ALCOHOL-R...oductinfo/GTS/ ?
    - Lay up another layer or 2 of fiberglass over the ding?

IMG_7478.jpg

Thanks,
    Dan
    Building N137DF
    STi, Rotax 915is, Airmaster

Default Re: One Lucky Fox

Here are some pictures of how I installed landing light brackets in the STi wing tips. I did not cut out the entire internal 'glass tubing, just enough enough for the AeroLED lights to fit into the space:

IMG_8070.jpg

The fiberglass is too thin to hold a screw, so I bought some 1/8" aluminum and bent it to match the airfoil on the backside of the light brackets and hysol'd them into place. I'll drill through this and tap the holes for #6 stainless flat head screws.
    IMG_8069.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

Nice flush fit. The plexi lens fights exactly even with the airfoil.
    IMG_8091.jpg
    Building N137DF
    STi, Rotax 915is, Airmaster