Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 914 install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 914 install

Brian,

that picture is very helpful. Do you have a picture of the other side, and of the engine (to see your harness routing, and how you secured the harnesses)
    Did you do a glass display or analog instruments and radios?

Where did you source your aluminum plate and angle, and what thickness?

Steve
    Last edited by Flyboy66; 07-10-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Default Re: 914 install

It's a Dynon HDX 11" setup. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture of it all complete behind the panel. I did a similar plate on the left side that has the capacitor, voltage regulator, and the Dynon engine monitoring module. I mounted a computer fan on the voltage regulator to keep give it some cooling air.

I don't recall the aluminum thickness - maybe .050? I think it's a little beefier than what Kitfox supplied for the other trays; I used what I had on hand. You might just measure your other trays and order that. If I had it to do over again, I would have brought the trays to work and bent them on a sheet metal brake to stiffen them instead of riveting aluminum angle to them.

--Brian
    Flying - S7SS