Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to do a blog thing for quite a while now but I have been so busy I never got chance to do it.
So,, during a break in aeroplane building, I have decided to crack on with it.

A bit of back story:

I wanted an aeroplane and nothing really grabbed my attention that was in my price range (not very much)
I looked at all sorts of things and then, one day I discovered a thing called a Kitfox.

I instantly knew that I had to have one and if it fell into the (UK) microlight category that would be a bonus so I had to narrow my search to a model 1 or 2.

After looking around, I discovered that they all seemed to have a 2 stroke engine.
Now, there is nothing wrong with 2 strokes but 3 years of sidecar racing and a general leaning towards 4 strokes made me want one with a 4 stroke engine.

Purely by chance, I discovered a smashed up model 2 at a local airfield that had with it a KFM112M engine which was very obviously a 4 stroke flat 4 engine.
I knew nothing about these engines and ummed and arred and pondered and decided that I had enough experience of engines, motorsport and rebuilding of vintage aero engines to be able to possibly make a decent job of it.

So I bought the project complete with spare wings and lots of other bits.

I'm going to post some photos as soon as I work out how to do it.

Cheers.

Skelly.