Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Compressors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Compressors

I have to agree with James , and while you might choke on the price of the HVLP sprayer as I did when I bought mine many years ago, here are some points to consider to justify it. The fact that you are willing to paint your project yourself alone is already saving you money. Farming out the painting to a shop is gonna cost a whole lot more than the purchase price of your spray rig and paint. Convenience-I didn't want to have to be running parts to a paint shop willy nilly as I finished them during the build. I was able to paint stuff on my schedule during the build which was a real asset during the whole process. Satisfaction- while my paint job may be a 5 or 10 footer if you know what I mean, I was not building a Lindy award winner , but a plane I could be proud of that was a nice flier and that is what I ended up with. At the end of your project I suspect you could sell the spray rig for a good buck on barnstormers to keep your choking to a minimum. This paint job is 16 years old. Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images