Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bbs428 Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: bbs428 Build

Good job on the spars. I think everything you've done in the way of corrosion treatment is spot on. I did the same on mine but also did a two pack prime on the outside - which was not necessary because the Alodine has good corrosion resistance anyway. Renovation is always harder than creation. Keep at it, will all be worth it.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Four flights today. Surprised she flew so nice as I eyeballed the flaperon placement and the lift struts, lol. Thought for sure I’d have a low wing or the stick would be off to one side or something like that!

There were a few adjustments needed. We had to re-pitch the prop to get 5.8k rpm and the AFR gauge hit in the 15’s briefly at WOT. So I’ll have to re-jet the main’s.

I’ll post in the engine section about that cause I’ll need some guidance as I never had this style of carb before.
    I’m on my phone away from my home base, so it’s a challenge to post anything! 😁

My bud Chase (Sky Pirate) did a great job as test pilot, made it look easy! It’s his B-day today! I’ll be buying him some beers and a steak dinner!

I’ll be getting my tailwheel endorsement and BFR in the weeks to come. The plan is to get through the task based testing so my CFI and I can use the plane.
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Finally the day has come!!! Congratulations Brett!!! Lots of solid work on your part paid off. Such a pretty plane and looks much better flying!

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Looking awesome! Next time I paint I think I’ll go the same way with the booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk