Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: light speed , zulu 3 head set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: light speed , zulu 3 head set

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    It did make me think, we are always looking for a deal, but why not check with Kitfox Aircraft to support them. They may be competitive with many of the slicker aviation parts/pilot supply shops.

Ralph
    You know, I wouldn't normally think to go to Kitfox for headsets, but Bose, Lightspeed, and the other top-tier manufacturers control their pricing very closely, so you're probably not getting a deal anywhere else. (your case, excluded, obviously.) When my airplane is done, I'll need to buy a couple LEMO-equipped headsets, and I'll buy them from Kitfox. Thanks for putting this in my head Ralph I probably would have bought elsewhere without thinking.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Well since we are talking headsets, my wife and I have used Clarity Aloft for 3 years. They are hands down the quietest headset you can buy. She first used them on the Metro which is probably one of the loudest planes you can operate in commercial service.

They are also super light and comfortable.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Ive only seen those type headsets used in commercial cockpits. "ear buds". do you think they will still do the job if you chose to fly with the doors open?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
    Well since we are talking headsets, my wife and I have used Clarity Aloft for 3 years...

What were the super lightweight headsets that Scott Palmer was using at OSH? These were "ear-bud" style units...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Same thing. Clarity aloft. Yes, you can use them with the doors open. Some people don’t like the ear plug type ear piece going in their ear but once you ge used to it, you’ll HATE bulky over ear headsets that aren’t as quiet even with ANR. Oh, and they don’t ever need batteries!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

My friend gave me his clarity head set to try. Minus the earwax build up I loved the light weight of them but loved the light speed alittle more. Having the head set on my ear vs. in my ear is more comfortable for me. Thanks for the input!

Patrick