I’m looking for some help on selecting my Christmas present to myself this year. I understand I am somewhat speaking to a biased group as you are all Kitfox owners/builders but it seems like most of the responses are well thought out in the forums.

I am down to considering two non-comparable airplanes, the Kitfox and the Van’s RV-12. I am not really looking for differences between the airplanes but differences between the kits. Let me say right now from a preference point of view I like the Kitfox better. However, I think the documentation on the RV-12 kit components is more through at the pre-purchase phase.

1. How complete is the Kitfox kit? Beyond the kit components does one have to buy fuel lines, wiring harnesses, instruments to have a certifiable airplane? The RV kits indicate you only have to buy paint and fluids if you build their E-LSA kit.
2. What is a reasonable build time (total hours) to assume? Van’s lists 900 to 1200.
3. Because of the restraints place by building an E-LSA kit several RVs have been put on hold while they wait for Van’s to complete an upgrade to a Skyview system. I understand that this is not an issue with the Kitfox, but have there been delivery issues with kits?
4. Finally, I have an issue with the purchase agreement. Vans will take a credit card but Kitfox doesn’t. I don’t need the credit to buy a kit but I do worry about a firm filing BK between the delivery of my check and the two week waiting period for it to clear. Does anyone else share this fear?

Thank you

Jim