I was doing my run-up today to go flying. The engine seemed to be running rough and sure enough when I did the mag check, the motor quit on one of the mags. It was completely dead. The builder put in two toggle switches to check the mags and I swapped the leads so I know it wasn't the toggle switch. During mag check switch #1 allowed the engine to run while switch #2 did nothing. Engine was only running on mag #1.

I swapped the 4-pin plugs on the Elctronic modules and then it worked on switch #2 but not on #1 so I am figuring the module is bad.
Is there any way to check this module? Sort of sucks since I was hoping to fly to a couple of flyins this weekend.
Oh, the motor only has 150 hrs. TT

Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement for less than giving up my first born? The price for a new one is utterly rediculous!!! There is no reason what-so-ever for it to be priced close to $1,000!!!!! Pure greed from Rotax. I am starting to hate this engine already after flying for 25 years behind Lycs. and Cont. that just keep chugging along. Okay, I'll get off my rant.

Thank you,
Keith