Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: NR Headsets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: NR Headsets

what ever you decide on for an anr headset consider coughing up the few extra bucks for the panel power supply and skip the batteries . i converted one of my david clarks to anr and used the battery pack for a while , what a pia . i flew for a while that way and finally installed the panel mounted power supply wired to the radio master and never looked back . granted the lightspeed are light comfortable and work good but i just have a problem shelling out $900 and them being made in china . for that kind of money they could surely be made in the usa .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I recently purchased a LightSpeed Sierra which does not work in my Kitfox but does in regular GA planes. A friend has a Zulu and his doesn't work in my Kitfox either. My DC 13.4's work great though. My radio's an Icom A-200. Is anyone else having that problem? Is it the ANR feature? Any help appreciated...

what do you mean , dont work , no anr , cant hear anything , cant transmit ? have you talked to lightspeed ? my friend where i hangar my kitfox has a speedster and has used several lightspeed models in it , including zulu , with good success . the few problems he has had with the headsets lightspeed has been good to respond and help him out .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

All of the above, Chuck. I just get a buzzing noise, regardless of which of the two outlets I use in the plane. I have not contacted LightSpeed yet because I always seem to find the answers I need right here...but it is something I will do if no one else has run into this problem.

Cool Re: NR Headsets

PapaBeach

I have the "no name" Lightspeed from Av SHOP (A450 ANR $249.00). Works very well with my A210. Now if I can get the built-in intercom adjusted properly so it does not open the mic when at high cockpit noise situations (climb and takeoff) I will be happy. Any ideas??

Do you ever get over to the Okanagan? I am based out of CYYF (Penticton). May try of the Island this summer,if it ever comes!!

Cheers

Don

My experience with Lightspeed customer service is they are the best. Very responsive, very helpful.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

I will second that! For the cost of shipping Lightspeed completely refurbished both of our headsets.

papa , sounds like you may have an airplane problem . i was all excited when i purchased my a210 that it had a built in intercom . the more i looked into it the more i found that i wouldnt be happy with it so i opted for a ps engineering intercom . ps wont warrantee their unit unless you use a harness that they make up . they are concerned about correct grounds and insulating the jacks . ive never had any trouble with the radio or the intercom . if you have the batteries the anr should work even if it isnt plugged into the airplane , something in the airplane hookup must be causing problems with the anr when its hooked up to the plane
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa