Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Starfox Update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Right wing

Just as I thought. Delays happen. This is supposed to be fun. Have been working on the wing occasionally. 60-70 hours per week at work. And my moms care went to another level. Got her in assisted living. Hard to find a place now with COVID-19. I did and it is not in total lockdown like most are. That meant a lot. Now am up to my neck in the sale and cleanup of her house so just more time away. Wing is about ready to cover. Just have to get the flaperon brackets mounted and be ready for cover. Did have an issue with the laker leading edge. Glued and taped it and came back to one of the seams under the tape pulled away and not to my liking so had to do a patch. Had to call advanced flight for more info on installing the ADHRS as they sent a magnetometer for remote installation. The install in the advanced flight install manual is brief and unclear. Come to find out the advanced manual is almost a supplement to the Dynon install manual. So I installed the magnetometer in the wing along with the OAT sensor running from it. Mount for it has no metal on it. Magnetometer slides in tightly in the bracket I made. Both are accessible through the access hole in the bottom of the wing and removable by just 5 zip ties. Finally a day and night off so I am going to work tonight to start the fabric.
    Starfox