Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Onboard tool kit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Onboard tool kit

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Ahhh, Timely post John. I have been carrying my tool bag that I carried as a UH-60 Crewchief. I have been meaning to trim it down. Thanks Steve for the pic. I have been meaning to call Earth X about a jumper. I was under the impression Jumping an Earth X is not advised. I know they don't want you to jump via our conventional means but I see they have a source of power for sale. Surely you have researched how yours is acceptable VS those power sources sold by places like Costco. Care to add to our knowledge regarding your purchase of the EarthX jumper?
    Hi Eddie, I bought the Earth X jump pack a couple years ago and love it. Initially I was a bit cautious with it because of the problems everyone hears about these new fangaled lithiums, but that has faded now and I am amazed that this little unit can do what it does. I specifically bought it for a booster for my IO-240 powered Series 5, as the main odyssey battery is in the empennage for wt & bal. purposes and you can imagine with the long cable run ,starts are sometimes problematic as the weather cools down here in upstate NY . With it hooked up the engine spins like a turbine when I hit the starter. I wired an Earth X compatible plug in the cockpit ,so I can plug it in while I'm in the seat, fire it up and go. When the jump pack isn't in the airplane , its in my truck and here is where it amazes me-I have used it to start my snow plow truck when the battery died, my tractor and various other pieces of equipment. It has never failed to start anything I have used it on, a very handy unit . You can even use it to charge tablets , cell phones etc thru a usb port on the unit. Its always part of my travel kit. The Lipo safe silver case is something I bought to store the jump pack before I trusted the Earth X.Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images