Hi all,
long time reader but first post. Ive been thinking about buying a kitfox 4 for some time. I want to put it on floats since I live on a lake in S Michigan. Yesterday I flew one for sale in Ohio. It’s on Barnstormers right now. Seemed like a great plane. My question for you is about the floats. This plane comes with Aerocet 1100 amphibious. I read some posts from the 2015 timeframe that someone had those floats on their KF but felt they were slightly too small. That concerns me but it also seemed they weren’t going to take them off either. These floats have never been mounted on this plane. This is third owner and they came with the plane when he bought it. He never got around to it. They are in pristine condition. My questions are: are they too small, should I avoid them, should I be concerned that they are no longer supported by Aerocet (I spoke with them yesterday), is there a better float (amphib) now to look for?, how much would they be worth now? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks