I'm slowly putting a mk2 582 back together and have just spent a few hours going through the weight & balance calcs passed on by the previous owner.

The empty weigh he had was 510lb with CoG 12.9" aft of datum.

The kitfox handbook suggests an empty weight of 440lb. Any ideas where on earth 70lbs could have come from?

She was recovered with Polyfiber in 2006 which is when she was last weighed, but I don't have any previous calcs other than one letter suggesting 617lbs which was being queried at the time!

She will be re-weighed once back together as some changes have been made.
  • Oversized battery 16lb replaced with smaller 11lb one, and moved from behind seat to the firewall. Battery box lightened.
  • Aluminium firewall mounted header tank replaced with plastic tank behind RH seat (sb29). She has 1 x13 gal and one 6 gal wing tanks
  • Radio replaced
  • Repairs to cowls

The doors are fully glassed. The built manual suggests 0.030" lexan, but that is based on half fabric. What thickness is everyone else using for fully glassed doors? Mine need replacing and are currently 0.060". Thinking there might be a pound there!

I expect her to be a few pounds lighter than previous but not loads, any thoughts?

I've not named her yet but "FatFox" is looking possible!

Regards
Kevin
UK