I have read the Kitfox Model History sticky and have done some research. Here is what I found.. Between the Kitfox 4-1200 and Kitfox 5 there is a 100lb empty weight difference. Between the Kitfox 5 and Kitfox 6-7 there is about a 25-50lb empty weight difference, motor mounts moved forward and interchangeable gear.

First Part: Between the Kitfox 4-1200 and Kitfox 5 with both engines being the same (912s) I know the 4-1200 will have better "performance", but my question is, which model is better during high winds? Presume all the available upgrades from the model 7 will be installed on the model 5 (elevator etc etc).. Is it also possible to install the STI wing, elevator etc etc from the model 7 to the model 4-1200? Or is it only for the model 5-7

Second Part: Between the Kitfox 5 and Kitfox 7 the interchangeable gear does not appeal to me, that being said, it seems to me that the altered location of the motor mounts on the Kitfox 7 is more or less to accommodate CG when adding a 180hp engine. For the 912s it seems the Kitfox 4-1200 and Kitfox 5 compliment the 912s best?

Third Part: Would you rather build a Kitfox 4-1200 or a Kitfox 5 with a 912s? Assuming you can add the STI wing and all model 7 upgrades to the 4-1200 I probably would lean towards that, but I am also assuming that if the same upgrades for the model 5 are not available for the model 4-1200 then it's likely the model 5 would be better than the model 4-1200

Thanks for your time