Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Build

Default Re: Noble Build

Scott,
    It looks great. Keep the updates and photos coming.
    Keith

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the finish with trim paint.

I leak tested the fuel tanks yesterday. (Thanks for the use of your plugs.) I dunked them in my (cold) hot tub and the only leaks I found were in both gas cap seals. I tried twisting the caps to re-seal but to no avail. Also sloshed the tanks with acetone and found no impurities. Should be good to go with the 'Mercedes' rubber in the caps..

Installed the bottom false ribs between nos. 6 & 7 ribs. Don't know why they call out 2 there instead of 3 like everywhere else? Perhaps to facilitate getting the attach bolt in the strut bracket. I dunno.

See picture of 'hangar' extension (blue tarp). I was able to finish the rigging including the jury struts before the massive rains we're getting now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Floog,

I did the same as you decided to on the bottom false ribs between 6 & 7...i.e. used 3 false ribs as in the other bays.

I think you have it figured out....facilitation of bolt installation at the rod end......I decided I would rather preserve the airfoil and live with the little addittional inconvenience with the bolt....a little shaping of the aluminum reinforcing plate and the bolt went in just fine.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    Last edited by Dave S; 06-13-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. Incidently, I appriciate your discussion of treatment for corrosion protection from an earlier post. I've got to slosh my spars with alodyne before I get too far along...

Here is an updated picture of the fuselage with the stripe on it. Now for the landing gear!
    DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg
    It's nice to be able to roll the plane around on it's wheels! Just thought I'd share. I have everything painted and ready to assemble. Next on the list is FWF and Avionics.

Scott

Scott,
    That just looks awesome! Well done.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks Dan! I always like seeing pictures of the first time a Kitfox gets on wheels. It's much easier to imagine flying.

Scott

Looks great Scott!
    Love that blue.

Jim

I really enjoyed the fantasy flight in your plane last night, Scott. Lot's of room in there for two of us. (I think more than the Glastar.) It'won't be long now and you'll be leaving blue streaks across the skies of the NW. The Noble build is first class! It's almost 4 AM and it's out to the 'hangar'. Yeah, baby!