Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Noble Build

Default Re: Noble Build

20180623_121936.jpg
    Big creek opens August 1st.
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Scott
    Does it get of the ground quicker with the greater angle of attack? And is the visability over the nose much different than before?

It does get off the ground quicker. Picked Doug up for a ride to lunch today and we took off into the wind and were off the ground in less than 50' easy. The visibility is not as good as the lower AOA but it sure is worth it. I am going to install a camera and wire it to my EFIS so I see out in front of me.

Looking forward to seeing your STI when it gets done John.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Thats good. I would have liked to try mine with the same configuration. Oh well straight to the STI. Going with the 75" blades on the airmaster this time McBean said he couldn't be happier with his.

Scott,
    If you are looking for camera options, check www.tadibrothers.com. They have several camera options. Their main focus is backup cameras for RVs but they can be used for many other things. I purchased a backup and 2 side cameras with monitor, they were very helpful when I had questions.

Ralph

Im just sitting here looking at that plane and can't help thinking that that thing looks like a beast.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I know I would get stoned (as in rocks, not illegal (in some states) drugs) if I were anywhere near you guys but I actually prefer the looks of the 22" tyres on the Grove gear. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have absolutely no doubt about the effectiveness of this setup (that being the whole point, of course) but, just aesthetically, I like the smaller tyres and simpler legs.

Of course, if I were to be offered this machine I would not refuse

Hey Scott, did you really need the new landing gear to land at Smiley CreeK? It is probably the nicest grass runway I have ever landed on.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

The new gear looks great, Scott! But I still like the simplicity, versatility, and practicality of the Grove gear and 850 combination. But then again, my favorite car is a GEO METRO
    I accept the challenge of getting in and out of anywhere you choose to land! Just don't turbo on me....

I also like the simplicity of the Grove gear. Grove is fast and does the job it was intended. I flew my plane 900 hours with the grove gear and enjoyed all of them. Now I've had about 20 hours on the Monster gear and I am having a lot of "FUN". The extra "FUN" and "Real Bush Plane" look is definitely worth the small speed decrease and increased weight penalty.

I'm testing some fairings that seem to be giving me most of my lost speed back.

Doug I know there is one spot you would land that I wouldn't. HAHAHA!
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7