Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Captainphx's build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Captainphx's build

Been installing the flaperons. Unfortunately I have made an error, and I wanted to run it by you guys. Working on the right wing. Installing the flaperon hinge brackets. I used a 1/8 drill bit taped to the training edge of the wing to get the proper clearance between the bracket and the wing. Installing the #1 and #9 brackets. After drilling, I noticed that my taped on drill bit rotated downwards and I lost most of my 1/8th inch clearance. The #9 bracket is installed correctly. No other hinge brackets are installed yet. I have the flaperon attached to #1 and #9 hinge brackets at the moment and the flaperon rotates freely. My major concern is the fabric install with so little clearance. I am most likely using Oratex. First pic below is the #9 bracket and the second is #1. There is air between the #1 bracket and the wing, but not much.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul

Building STi
    Rotax 915is
    MT Prop
    Oratex
    N951CT