Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dual STI build log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Dual STI build log

There is always the transport kit offered by Kitfox. But, some people have just bent up a few pieces of 1/2 " pipe. You will need a length that supports the front spar down to the lift strut attachment point at the bottom of the airframe. You will also need two more that will attach to the through pipe at the vertical fin transition. These will attach at the other end to the wings at the strut attachment points. You will need to protect the vertical tail from the flapperons. The transport kit comes with the sleeve to slip over the top of the fin and the foam pads that are attached sit between the flapperons and the vertical stab. I supported the underside of the airframe with three tires as Josh did. I traveled at 55mph on the freeway. No need to crawl. Just make a safety stop and check it all out for security a few miles down the road. Nonetheless, you'll be glued to the rear view mirror. I like my transport kit. I feel that it gives me a bit more piece of mind should I need to retrieve my plane from someplace with a trailer. I would be stuck otherwise since you will certainly ruin it trying to transport without the support. I posted pics of my transport kit someplace long ago when someone was looking to fabricate their own. You can try a search on the subject I suppose. There are a couple threads titled Transport Kit. Several pics are there on the second page of threads.
    Last edited by efwd; 08-31-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X