Hi all,
I`m dreaming of a Mod. IV. Soaking up each and every topic of this board for years, now I have the chance to jump in the KF world. You should know that offers in Germany are very rare! So I shortly inspected a IV-1200, (serial #1860), first flown `95. I´m looking for a project to rebuild, adding some upgrades like Grove gear, 912 swap, etc. So time is not an issue. More important is that finally I own my personal perfect plane. In 2010 the nicely recovered (Ceconite 102, stamped) plane unfortunately was painted with car system (I guess). Paint is very thick, high gloss, but brittle. There are several fissures with non-elastic, bulged borders. Underneath clean white fabric shows off. Seems like the whole job has to be done again…As loosing some weight is a target anyway, I plan to do covering an paintwork from scratch.

Question: trailing edge of both wings (rightside much more) show heavy wrinkles, feeling like a sheet of plastic. Any thoughts how this happened? I could not find any damage or bending of the structure…

Thanks,
Marc

IMG_4805.jpgIMG_4791.jpgIMG_4792.jpgIMG_4767.jpgIMG_4850.jpgIMG_4797.jpg