Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: poor man's bluetooth headset

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default poor man's bluetooth headset

I have struggled with a way to utilize the audio alerts from the samsung tablet I use for navigation in my airplane until now. With the app I use as with most apps an obstacle alert is generated when towers are ahead, and now that I have ADSB installed (Uavionix) traffic alerts are also generated . I have tried several ways to get these alerts reliably in my old DRE 6000 headsets . These headsets are ANR and work great, so replacing them with a $1000 bluetooth capable new headset did not set right with my budget, so as a true homebuilder , I tried several ways to get the audio into my headset with ear buds , and even a small bluetooth speaker suction cupped to the outside of my headset. The problem was always lack of volume and comfort. Then Eureka , I found this JUMBL STEREO BLUETOOTH RECEIVER on amazon for about 20 bucks and it works great. It plugs into the 1/8" music input plug on my intercom system and will bluetooth my tablet audio thru the intercom into my headset with volume control that allow the alerts/music to be heard loud and clear . As you can see in the photo its about the size of a 50 cent piece and has volume/audio controls on the front with a clip on the back. the only negative I have found is that it can only recognize one device at a time. Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images