Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rib Lacing and Laker Leading Edge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rib Lacing and Laker Leading Edge

As soon as I say this someone will point to a thread with the answers, but I searched and read the rib lacing threads and didn't find any discussion of stitching with a LLE. I am curious how others have handled this step.

1. Proper rib lacing, wrapping both the top and bottom cap strips, then stopping at the LLE on the top side. Continuing the bottom rib stitching but only wrapping around the cap strip.

2. Drill holes in the LLE and continue tradition rib lacing right up to the leading spar.

I think I favor the first option over drilling holes in the LLE but am certainly open to suggestions.

Meanwhile, I didn't do a good job of planning the spacing of the standoff blocks that secure the #2 ribs to the bottom of the fuel tank. No matter how I try to lay out a nice lacing pattern, one of the blobs of Hysol on this rib gets in the way. I wound down work this evening going back and forth between trying to remove a bit of the Hysol or simply gluing a piece of lacing cord for that single stitch and moving on.
    Last edited by Cherrybark; 07-26-2017 at 06:13 PM.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X