My wife and I are at the beach on the southern North Carolina coast. The nearest large town is Wilmington, which is 45 minutes or so away. We've been coming here for many years mainly because it's so quiet and not so busy, even during the summer months. I stopped by the local airport, which I often do when I'm hear to talk airplanes and catch up on what's going on. Anyway, to my point, I found out they're charging a $100 landing fee now. This is new to me and I haven't been into any municipal airport in NC that charges to land. I asked some questions and was told that their landing fee was less than most airports charge. I know that most don't charge at all but I didn't argue. They did say they could waive the landing fee if I buy gas. I didn't dare ask if there is a minimum purchase required get the waiver. I went on their website. They show their charges for tie down, by the day and by the week but no mention of landing fees. Maybe that's just their way on welcoming unsuspecting visitors who come to visit and spend tons of money. This airport is very busy with lots of visitors going and coming, lots of high end planes, skydiving operations and an EAA chapter. I can't believe they're hurting for money. Am I overreacting or am I right in thinking it's more about greed and the love for the almighty dollar? James Thomas