yep, however as I understand it, having the certification will gain you access to the codes via the dongle and the computer program. Quite honestly, I was never provided any valuable information by the mechanic who has done my two 100hr services. He has used the computer and it has told him accurately what it was that is turning on my lane lights. That is all that mattered to me at the time so I didn't really care. Now that I am trying to wean myself from the need to have anybody else involved, I am reallizing things. Just to be able to manage the codes I will need the Program to download to my computer which requires that I purchase the Dongle for $1300. Then you have to have spent $500 and a weekend for the rights to codes. Now, every other year, take another day and spend $315 to maintain the rights. Just acknowledging the facts, not complaining. I think I may just have the FBO download them or interpret what I pull off from the G3X. Then again, I sure would appreciate a better understanding of this engine though, so I may take the recert class in a few weeks.