Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1196

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Thanks for clearing that up Eddie. I assume this is a "Forum Mod" since I don't find it in the manual. Or maybe I'm just missing it. What about using the same anti-chafe that works well on the cowlings?
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

So, I get to chase down yet another 912is problem. Yesterday I went out to do some pattern work and on my third landing approach I had a full panel shutdown. The back up battery came on line while on final and only those items that are run by the back up battery turned back on. I shut it all down on the ramp and started it back up. Taxied back to the runway and shortly after I went full throttle for take off my Lane A light came on. Aborted and returned to the hangar. The beauty of the matter, I will need to continue paying someone to analyze my faults or pay over $1300 for the Dongle so that I can analyze and erase faults myself. I find it ironic that I chose the 912is for reliability and so far, other than my bad install of the original tail wheel, the 912is has cost me the most money and down time. Originally it was the spring steel clamps that were needed to secure the cables to the engine. Then I had a coil go bad at about 150 hours. Im at 220 hours now.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Wow, that's pretty disappointing Eddie. It would be nice to know what caused your problems. Is there any chance things could be overheating?

If it were me I would lean toward getting the dongle. Maybe you could share it with other 912is owners as needed for a rental fee.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I considered temp but it was only 85-90 at 9am. I have flown as hot as 105 without a problem. I have discussed sharing the Dongle with Todd who has expressed an interest but he is just getting started on his build so we will revisit that idea in the future. It behaved as though I had turned off the master power but I don't believe that trips a Lane light. I didn't have time to do much more than pull the glare shield and double check wire connections. I didn't find anything. I have to run my kid to NAU in Flagstaff here in a couple hours and won't be able to do anything but order the Dongle and wait for it to arrive. None in stock at AS&S. I will let you know when I figure it out.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I went with the Stock EMU it records everything on a SD card and with a GPS antenna it records all flights in Google Earth.

The box was $3500 But, for me I, would need to buy a Windows Computer and the dongle ( $3000 or so ) every condition inspection you need to download and read the faults

with the card and software that comes with the box I, can use my MAC the box display will also indicate and ID the fault real time

the other thing no need to do Lane checks prior to flight the box is checking both Lanes all the time and indicates and faults real time

David Kelm

7SS, 912iS Big Bore Garmin G3X Touch

Sounds like a bad connection ?

If you need a new plug I, have both in stock you can have at cost

David Kelm
    7SS 912iS Big Bore

I installed the Cambridge Instruments CAV-13 that monitors the CAM bus and displays 912is error messages. I wondered what more information might be available with the dongle, asked Google, and this Van's Aircraft video showed up. The video demonstrates using a Garmin G3X or Dynon SkyView HDX to display error codes from a Rotax 912iS or other "FADEC" engine. It makes sense that, if the error codes are on the CAM bus, these glass displays could easily decode and display the error in plain text but I had no idea they had that capability.

My plane is still conveniently located in the garage so it was easy to check this feature on the G3X. Unfortunately the option wasn't displayed on the configuration menu. However, I have not been through the complete configuration of the Garmin system so this is hardly a valid test.

The video mentioned the BUDS, which I assume is the "dongle", and stated it wasn't required with the G3X or SkyView. Looking forward to feedback from others with these systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNHsB9Y1xuw
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Oh good grief! Sorry about the multiple postings Eddie. The web site appeared to hang after "Submit" was clicked so I tried again. Seems they all worked and I don't see a way to delete the duplicates.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

I had the same thing yesterday on another thread. I'm glad it wasn't just me. Hopefully the admins can get rid of the extra posts if they feel it's necessary.

I'm only going to reply once on this one.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

AWE MAN! I will go to the hangar shortly and see what I find. Of course I am going to have to try and replicate the problem and that doesn't always pan out. You might say this is the only time I want to see a Lane A light. Crossing fingers. Ill let you know what I find.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X