Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Quick change wing extensions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Quick change wing extensions

I was able to obtain a set of quick change wingtip extensions from a new forum member that just moved into my neighborhood, Tony Zelsnack. Tony is building a model 4 Classic and also had a model 4 salvage plane which is where the wing extensions came from.

I was interested in getting a set of extensions ready for this season and actually had the components acquired and construction in progress. So now all that's necessary to finish up is a set of standard wingtips that are almost in the mail from Kitfox Aircraft.

I did a search on the forum and found very little for wing extension comments so I'm starting up this thread to see what is out there on this topic. I'd also like to expand the scope of this thread a little to compare the differences in Classic wing versus Speedster. Of course we recognize the Speedster advantage at cruise speed but hear again there's little content out there regarding the difference in slow flight characteristics.

I'm expecting the weather to improve soon and then I will be full on into the flying season. My intention is to gather specific data comparing the classic wing with speedster. This should demonstrate a fairly accurate comparison because all other aspects of the airplane remain the same except the wing span.

All comments and suggestions are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images