Quote Originally Posted by Av8r_Sed View Post
Some of the ads b products coming out still support the older parallel/ gray code encoders.

Somewhere in your decision matrix you need to consider if you're going to take advantage of the ads b input and the weather & traffic info it provides. If so, you have to be careful to pick a solution compatible with the software you use.

I use Foreflight with a Stratus 2 receiver. For me, the Navworx solution wouldn't be a good choice because it's not supported by Foreflight. I'm considering purchasing the Appareo ESG transponder since it will work with Foreflight/Stratus, my existing AK-350 altitude encoder and includes the WAAS GPS source that I don't currently have. It will replace my GTX-327 transponder which I believe will still have decent resale value.

Neither the Navworx ADS600-EXP or Appareo ESG are shipping yet, so it would be good to see them roll out and get some time on them.
The Navworx ADS600-EXP units are shipping now... I received mine about a month ago. I have an iFly 740 for the Kitfox, & also run FlyQ on my iPad - I love both of those platforms/programs, so Foreflight isn't an issue for me. It'll send traffic & weather to iPad apps like Seattle Avionics FlyQ, Hilton WingX, and iFly - it has built-in WASS GPS & WiFi. It also displays on non-proprietary systems such as Advanced Flight Displays (AFS), and Grand Rapid Technologies (GRT) EFIS's. You can connect via the WiFi &/or an RS-232 Serial channel. It meets the ADS-B Final Rule Technical Amendment, dated 2/9/2015, affecting 14 CFR 91.225 (b)(1)(ii) which permits ADS-B OUT in the NAS with devices that meet the performance requirements of TSO-C154c. The price is $1299 at this time.