Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A few questions from a new owner of a used Speedster.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question A few questions from a new owner of a used Speedster.

First, I have the Rotax 912S - 100hp. It runs around 250° in flight. Seems to be on the high side of the gauge. Is this normal?

Second, I'd love to repaint this bird. Many questions come up here.

- What fabric comes with the kits and does it matter as far as chemicals or techniques to remove the old paint?

- About how much does the paint weigh for the airplane? Should I just paint over the existing and take the weight hit if it's minimal? Are there other reasons to remove the old paint besides weight?

Third, on the top of the fuselage there is a tape line diagonally across the fabric. I saw a picture of another Kitfox with a similar tape line. Is this for strength or a tear? Can't imagine it was a planned seam.

Fourth, I'm 5'7". I'm sitting on a flotation cushion from my boat to see better. My shorter wife and son do the same and also put a cushion behind their backs to get closer. Is there a way to just move the seat up and forward instead of carrying around cushions?

Thanks in advance!

HILBILI

I'm sure I have more questions, but this is a good start.
    Attached Images Attached Images