Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 5 days and wheels up :)

Default Re: 5 days and wheels up :)

Some good info if your flying inland from the NH coast, if you dont have a honey hole all set up for MOGAS, it is available in 2 places with in 20 miles from CNH, but not on field, and you may want to check to make sure you took your blood press. Meds. Before reading on,... It is available in 5 gallon containers at a REAL discount, $75.00 per container!! Choke ! Choke!
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Ice mountain obscurity rain less the 1 hr west of us right now , watching to see if it moves north
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Rain clouds on the horizon,... Rain clouds over head, Rain clouds north east west and south,.. Not really complaining it means more time with family, but it also means i have to drive everywhere,
    Madison, with all of this rain has been trying to establish some " roots" and has implicated the thought that she would like to stay here for the summer, with little inuendo's " Dad? You could come back in the fall when the leaves turn and pick me up? I know how you talk about the foilage here in the fall" ha ha
    She surely knows how to play " dad" at 8 yrs old ha ha.

Outlook /plan as of now, depart the wet lands " new england" this saturday with intentions of arriving back in MO no later then Sunday around noon dodging a few showers on the way.

1,110 nm left of this adventure with 1,490 nm behind us, and building memories on the way , Finn and Norm, i still have not craved even a taste of icecream since AFN
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

It has not stopped raining for 3 days but finally we are getting a little bit of distance to the cieling
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Glad you are patient Chase.
    Those of us who fly small aircraft require this characteristic.
    Enjoy your day.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Havent got much choice Steve its been IFR from the deck up, im not complaining, got to spend more time with family👍
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

On our way back to the nest (M48) travelling back has been a test for my meteoroligal side dodgeing storms, out of 2 days travelling we have been able to cover all but the last 360 NM, with an extensive weather pre flight, we hope to touch down on familiar turf before noon today.
    So far we have had in our favor once 150 mph GS with 115 ASI, and not so much in our favor 110 ASI with 75 GS, for the most part smooth air until yesterday, with turbulence from ground up to 6000 ASL and head winds in front of a storm that made more sense to be on the ground and wait it out, as the sun rises this am, we will be on the ramp, nose pointed SW , tanks topped and the knowledge that a warm shower, beautiful lady and a familiar bed are waiting at the end of this 2500 NM journey, and when asked by others " any cross country flights in your Kitfox?" Maddie and I can say " with a Kitfox Grin on our faces, " Ohhhh Yeahhhh"
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

We made it to Crawford Co KRSV and landed, waiting for a storm to pass, should be airborne again with in the hour, around 250 nm left , hopefully this is the last of the T Storms and rain, we did have 35 mph head winds at 3000 ASL, a layer of clouds has not allowed us to go on top
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Was wondering where you spent Father's Day.
    It's a trip of a lifetime Chase. To get to spend that much time with your daughter exploring the country is rare.
    Sounds like your Kitfox has been working great.

That morning sunrise photo is sweet.
    Keep safe.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Your trip is sounding like mine when I went to Weyers Cave VA.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas