hi all , i have a mk 2 kitfox , & had the fright of my life today !! i took off as normal (not flown for several months ) & was climbing out at around 300ft when all of a sudden the aircraft started to shudder badly , the port wing ( i didnt notice the starboard wing ) started to flutter as did the ailerons , very badly !!! the instrument panel also shuddered badly ! i couldnt control it , & the plane started to drop to the left ! i closed the throttle & tried to slow it down , ( the speed had creeped up to over 80mph ) the engine stopped , i thought my time was up !!! but i managed to restart the engine & gently increased power so i could nurse it back into normal flight , the flutter seemed to stop , but still seemed like it wanted to turn , i very nervously nursed it back around & landed safely , but , ive not got a clue why it happened ? ground running after showed no issues , i taxied it & checked everything , but all seems ok ?? im very reluctent to try flying again untill i have some idea of what happened ?? could it have been some kind of high speed flutter ? as i had let it creep up over 80mph on full power ? but if so , why did the instrument panel shudder also ?? could it have been engine related ?? but why does it seem to run ok after ?? any help gratefully recieved
mike