I have a Rotax 912s in my SS7 build and am struggling with all things electrical. I am hoping to use only the internal generator for power and not an add on alternator. First question: I thought I needed a voltage regulator and over voltage protection so I bought a Plane Power reg with OV when I bought my avionics last month. As I read and learn more, I am not so sure I need the Plane power reg. Does the Rotax regulator/rectifier perform this function? Maybe I dont need another regulator but still need OV (like a crowbar)? As far as connections...I have wired the C, R, and B+ outputs from the Reg/Rect to a shunt (for the Flight dek 180 to read the amperage). Is this a recommended location or should the shunt go between different points? Where would the Plane power regulator go or the Crowbar if that is all that is needed. Then from the shunt, a 14awg wire goes to a 30A circuit breaker and then to the main buss. If set up this way, does the CB have to be opened and closed during the engine start sequence? Right now my switches look like the factory light sport array with a Master switch, lights, heater, etc. I have read the Aeroelectric connection and attended an EAA wiring class, but I still need help. Thanks all.