Those are all good points, Fred. The fact that it has been done by others, and also proven to be OK by you for so many years up to now is a good testimonial to the change probably being safe. The flying and testing is the only way to know for sure. I tend to be, perhaps, over cautious about changes to a design like that, having been privy to an ugly lawsuit where a relatively minor change was made to a homebuilt involved in a fatal crash, and the lawyer(s) jumped all over it even though it had nothing to do with the accident. Flutter is also a complicated issue. It's amazing how a tiny, relatively minor change can make a surface more vulnerable. It's sometimes impossible to predict what will happen if, for instance, someone were to inadvertently dive the aircraft beyond the red line speed and "excite" the surface with a sudden movement of the controls. You might be surprised to see the very simple and tiny change that made the most difference in preventing a flutter issue with the Thorp T-18 stabilator. A very small amount of additional stiffness was created where the anti-servo tab end rib is connected to its hinge by adding a thin (.015") strip of stainless steel between the rib and the hinge. It was stated in print by the designer, after extensive instrumented testing, that the assembly was most probably flutter-proof up to the speed of sound after that. Stiffness between interconnected components can be a huge factor for flutter, and tiny changes can make a world of difference. This is all just an interesting conversation/subject to me, and I don't want you to think that I was trying to make you worry unnecessarily about what you did.