Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: SS wing spar strut fittings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SS wing spar strut fittings

I'd sure appreciate some input from other SS builders. I got the "pre-rigged" wing option, & therefore the lift-strut attach fittings were located on the spars & a couple of pilot/locating holes drilled by the factory on each fitting/spar. The fittings as built are not exactly like shown in the assembly manual, in that they do not contact the surface of the spar in the area directly below the ears that the strut attaches to. In fact there is a gap of approximately 1/16" in that whole area on all 4 fittings when seated on the spars. The rest of the surfaces of the fittings fit against the spar tubes fine.The book calls out a couple of rivets installed in that area on the front fittings in order to tie into the flange of the I-beam inside the spar tube. Have other people seen this on their fittings, and if so did you still install the rivets in that area, perhaps using a shim to fill the gap?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime