Hi everyone,
First post here, so be gentle! I'm becoming more aware that the kind of flying that I do is local stuff and not so much cross country travel, and the idea of back-country flying really interests me with the idea of camping or backpacking. I've compared a few "low and slow" type airplanes for their utility and Kitfox always comes out ahead.

That said, I found a project Kitfox from someone but it's pretty beat up. It had an off field landing and broke some tubes in the fuselage. That makes me wonder if the airframe is bent or twisted. Not something I'm prepared to deal with. What are your thoughts on that? I don't know anything about tube-&-fabric airplanes, so I don't know if that's a deal breaker for most.

Second question, it looks like a lot of builders are building the S7, which looks like a great airplane. But there are a couple of beautiful Kitfoxes on Barnstormers for the mid $40k range (a 5 and a 6). They seem fairly inexpensive compared to the cost of the new S7 kit. Did the pricing go up quite a bit, or is the resale value lower than the cost to build?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

By the way, I live in Boise, ID and I really would like to check out a Kitfox if anyone has time (I'm hangared in Nampa).