Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Where I Fly.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Where I Fly.

I got lucky and flew in a different area with a fellow forum member KitFox2009. Don flys a Model V in the Penticton area of western Canada. Thanks Don for a great ride in an amazing airplane. Don's Model V sports a 912UL 80HP and boasts spectacular performance thanks to an IVO in flight adjustable prop. Don says when he switched from the GSC prop to the IVO C-FOXK became a whole new airplane. Take-off is brisk and when the prop is set for cruise the airspeed jumps to 117mph at 5200 rpm. Previously this was a 100mph airplane.
    I have a 912UL with the same IVO in flight adjustable prop for my Model IV. I hope my performance is similar.
    As with all 912's I can't believe how smooth the motor and plane combination is. By the way fuel burn is only 15 litres an hour. Little more than 3 Imp gals an hour or less than 4US gal an hour. Pretty reasonable cost of operation.

Picture of Penticton and Don doing his walk around before our flight.
    Attached Images Attached Images