Kirby,

I have the same 406 and uavionix units; and, have had zero problems with tripping the ELT; so, I think it is entirely possible to correct what you are experiencing.

Took a while to figure out where all the darn antennas could go considering each manufacturer has a specification for minimum separation from other antennas; and, I didn't want to move the earlier installed antennas if I didn't have to.

It's a little different for a tailwheel and a trigear also - and, what goes in first affects where additional antennas can go in later.

IV is a little narrower than the 7 too.

We have the com mounted on the top of the tailcone immediately behind the turtledeck; and, the Mode C transponder monopole on the starboard side just behind the stick with the 406ELT antenna on the starboard side next to the alieron rod inside the cabin. That provides the radio manufacturer's required spacing for those items.

When it came time to put the uAvionix monopole antenna in, anyplace under the cabin was out for our S7 due to location of the existing antennas and the gear legs.

uAvionics advised that out on the bottom of the tailcone was a good option on a kitfox, particularly a trigear to stay away from the gear legs - the bottom of the tailcone slopes up to the side and back a little; however, the uAvionix people indicated that was not enough to be a problem. Ended up laminating a ground plane against the fabric and the monopole ADS-B antenna through that behind the baggage bay on the port half of the bottom of the tailcone - that gave adequate spacing from the other three antennas - and the test flight for the ADS-B showed zero defects. No problems with the ELT either.

One other item I want to mention is I put a thin, small diameter poly tube over the ELT antenna to prevent any possibility of the antenna shorting out against anything. With an inside mount that is at least a possibility.

This configuration has resulted in all the radios working and no faults showing up with any of them.