Hello everyone, thought I would seek out everyones advice regarding home strips.

I am planning on putting one in the field behind my house no time real soon but I am thinking about it now so I'd like to hear some thoughts. The field is tiled and quite flat but I am still wondering how much prep I should put into it. So if anyone has done this before let me know what you wish you had done.

Just for a bit of info, I want my friends in a variety of planes to fly into this strip so it is more than just my kitfox that will be flying in and out. My end goal would be a cool little strip that people go to as they know there is always a crockpot of chili and cool planes flying in. As I said before the field is tiled so moisture shouldn't be an issue except in heavy rain. It is very flat as everything in my area but I still would run a land leveller over it to work out and high spots. The field behind my place is North South and the prevailing winds are from the west. So I am planing on making the strip wider than longer. Maybe something like 100X3000 so in a pinch if the wind is bad you can land diagonally on the strip.

Varieties: I have been wondering about varieties of grass to use. Part of me wants to use Clover. It resists drought, doesn't grow higher than 6 inches, and stays green. Con is it might not be tough enough.
How often are you rolling your fields? Did you roll it right after you planted? Do you water it? If you had the luxury would you put a crown on it to get rid of standing water? Who has problems with rutting? Let me know your thoughts.

Here is a picture of my shop. The red is where there are 20 foot power lines and the blue is where a new building is now. The second picture is of the field zoomed out.