Hi

Some friends of mine and I are enjoying the work of rebuilding a Kitfox 3 from early 1990. We are located in Trondheim, Norway, if any locals are interessted in a look or interested in a meeting of some kind.

We have an Rotax 582 grayhead from same period. Which was preserved at the time and stored dry and indoors.

As a new Rotax user/owner im updating myself and trying to understand the regime of service bulletins and service instructions.

I understand the Service Bulletins must be adressed imedeately for reliability and safety. Service instructions is matter you concider when you are doing maintenance on that particular part anyway, not as urgent and mostly for convenience regarding parts etc.

As for the Rotax 582 I have some questions which will ease my mind some. Am I right when there is no changes(no SB) to the 582?
I must be sure that we have the engine up to date before we start to roll this plane. Is ther any recommended alterations which is best to perform now, as we are working on the engine installation.

Because of the 300h TBO for the 582 I guess the overhaul is something the owner perfomes himself. I've got a quote for and overhaul, and its in the neighbourhood of 3500$. So If the overhaul is to be handed over to a certified mechanic or service center, a new rotax 912 with TBO of 2000h is cheap in any comparison.

Thanks for a good forum with lots of information. I've been sneeking aroud for a while without posting :-D

Per Magne