Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cockpit ventilation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cockpit ventilation

I don't see any provision in the manual (Super Sport) for cockpit ventilation, what have most of you who have flying airplanes done?
    Randy Lervold
    TeamKitfox.com Admin Emeritus
    Day job: www.dynonavionics.com

84KF

N84KF has "VISTA VENTS" installed in the lower forward corner of the left and right side windows.
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...vistavents.php

They seem to work ok. Simple, maintenance free, and provide a nice quiet breeze in-flight when desired.
    I tend to taxi with the door open (helps with forward visibility) until takeoff, so, like AH, lots of fresh air on the ground.

Have those snap vents in my Aeronca 11AC. They work pretty well. Have them essentially just forward of the knees. When it's real hot I will use the most basic air conditioner....stick my hand just out the sliding window enough to blast my face.
    I'll probably put a few snap vents on the boot cowl on each side and rig some way to close the hole in winter. Not putting a heater in. Used to bundling up in the Chief since the heater sucks. Less weight without and fewer plumbing points to fail.

Does anyone ever put a naca duct with 2" scat tube to vents in or below the panel?
    Randy Lervold

Randy,
    Saw the Eurofox-Usa LSA at Sun N Fun which bears a great likeness to the kit fox and it had the NACA ducts to vents for air--http://eurofox-usa.com/europhotos/bluefox/blue37-m.jpg.

By the way, whats your opinion of this plane?

Steve

I don't know that much about it. I'll make a point of checking it out at Arlington and/or Oshkosh.
    Randy Lervold