Hello all!

I'm another newbie to the Kitfox family, having just purchased a Model 4 1200 with 200 hours, completed just two years ago. I had never considered Kitfox until this one came up. Before purchasing, I thought I'd look into the Kitfox line and soon discovered TeamKitfox.com from which I gained considerable comfort just by reading the various posts.

I must say I was impressed by the genuine love and respect you all seem to have of your planes, regardless of model and by the depth of knowledge and experience available in this forum. I learned a lot about the Kitfox and its history and the fact there is a forum like this was definitely a factor in my decision to consider a Kitfox. I called the owner, took it for a test flight (loved it), had an A & P go through every inch of the plane...and bought it!

But I have a small dilemma; there is no hangar space available at our small airport (at least not under $350/mo), non-permanent shelters are not allowed and I do not want to leave it exposed to the elements. I also prefer not to have to trailer it home every time I use it, because I believe I will be flying it a lot!

Has anyone else run into a similar situation and how did you overcome it? Are there any wing/cabin/tail covers out there that may resolve this issue or would the constant use of same result in too much wear and tear?

Thanks!