So, Im still shopping for a kit to buy. I have been on the kitfox bandwagon for sometime now and have just been trying to find a used project fox at the right price. I know the kitfox supersport has a 1500lb gross weight which definately appeals to me. The highlander on the other hand only has a 1300lb gross, but the STOL performance is out of this world. I plan to fly my plane to my parents hometown and the landing strip there is a 700ft grass strip for rc planes(abt 40ft wide). From videos I have seen the highlander can land and takeoff from that with room to spare. How would the supersport fare on a strip like that? While I like the highlander for STOL performance I like the kitfox for its sleek looks and high gross. Although the fact that the kitfox kit is roughly 10k cheaper is also a big factor.Either airframe I go with will be powered by a corvair with 120-130HP available for takeoff. A model 4 is also in running in spite of the low gross weight, having seen kits going in the 8k range on barnstormers its very tempting

I apologize if bringing the highlander up on the kitfox site is sacrelige lol