Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Center Console Top Installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Center Console Top Installation

When fitting the center top console in my Super Sport build, I found that the flap lever installation leans right so far that it rubs against right side of the flap detent bracket over it's full range of travel. Will this be a problem? Can the lever be straightened/bent to center it inside the detent bracket?

Default Re: Center Console Top Installation

I have this same issue. Did you come up with a good solution?
    Doug
    Super Sport
    912ULS
    Constant Speed IVOProp

I can't imagine bending it a bit would be a problem. My rocket scientist neighbor reminds me often that 4130 can handle 60% elongation. I think I would try to bend it above the pivot bushing to avoid using the weld as the hard point for the bend, though.

I am helping with a V which I think is similar, and also in the process of finishing my IV. I bent the flap handle on mine, curving the top a bit aft so I can reach it without having to lean so far forward - not a problem.

Lowell

Thanks Lowell. The idea of cutting into that nice console slot did not appeal to me!
    Doug
    Super Sport
    912ULS
    Constant Speed IVOProp

Straighten the handle if you are able to do so. However, there are a few things you can try.

If the flap handle has a slight bend, try reversing the direction. Rotate the handle so the left side is on the right. If that fails, try grinding a small amount off the pivot on the loose side and install the handle using a 960-10L washer on the tight side.

The clearance is pretty close on the flap and rudder adjust handles. It take a bit of shimming to get them perfect.

John Pitkin
    Greenville, TX

My flap handle is "U" shaped. This is a model IV. I don't know if this helps, but maybe offers some ideas...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos