Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
Hi Jason,

I made some scuff plates for my floorboards out of 0.015" stainless steel shim stock. I think the material was "half-hard", so it is very durable & scratch-resistant, has a nice springy temper and cuts really cleanly & easily with smooth jaw hand shears. I put a "scuffed" finish on them with a scotch bright pad. After doing that I decided I really liked the look of the carpet from Kitfox, and ended up installing that.
Thanks John,

I will look into that material. The upholstery Kitfox sells does look pretty sharp. I am going to try and do my own with the goal of having an airplane that is unique and not quite like the rest. Admittedly I may have gotten in a little over my head on the upholstery side of the world.

I did meet a gentleman this year at the Reno Air Races who is now retired but did upholstery work for a living. I am hoping to lean on him and get some guidance when I get to that part of the project.

One benefit I can think carpet would offer is it would collect bits of dirt and debris which would otherwise work its way beneath the floorboards and possibly end up between the fabric and tubes.