Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spammers on the site?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spammers on the site?

Recently, I posted an add looking for poly fiber products. One responce I got is for sure legit, but I also got two other private messages telling me to email a certain person and that he has very good prices. I'm pretty sure the last two messages I got were spammers. Just a heads up to others, don't be to quick to jump into something that sounds to good to be true. As I said, one responce is for sure legit, and I don't mean anything negative about him. But the other two not so much..... JImChuk

Default Re: Spammers on the site?

Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Dave, I just sent them both to you. JImChuk

Dave, I just sent you two more. JImChuk

Simple rule, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Also nothing screams scam like a newbie member with zero posts offering something up.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

I was pretty sure they were scammers, and never went to their sites. Just figured you should know what was going on though. I sure am getting tired of there being crooks and thieves everywhere. JImChuk

The information on the blank instrument panel for a Kitfox IV was sent to me via private message from this forum.
    https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

Cut a deal with Stuart Harvey. He has a Kitfox IV Classic 1200 blank instrument panel for sale in mint condition... You can reach him on his email stuartharvey29@aol.com

Sent by https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/members/10679-stevety

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/private.php

Ya, that Stuart Harvey had polyfiber products also. I smelled a rat though and didn't get roped in. As long as I'm on this subject, I'll say, this is why I like to actually talk to people. If the person is a scammer and really doesn't know anything about what he is trying to supposedly sell you, that should be apparent fairly quickly. I like to ask questions and listen to the answers. I know it's old fashioned in this day of texts, emails, and private messages, but can be much less risky. JImChuk

I had someone try to get me to contact someone else who supposedly had the item I was looking for last night by PM. Another scammer I think. I told him "go away thief" Just a heads up to every one. be very careful about who replies to your want adds. It seems like they give you an email address to contact someone else. JImChuk

This is a different situation but, on in July of this year I posted, on this site, a request for anyone selling a blank instrument panel for a Model IV to contact me. I was contacted by Stuart Harvey stating he had one for sale. We agreed on a price and I sent monies via Paypal two days later. As of today I have received no panel and thru countless emails have requested my money returned. I am quite sure I will never see my panel or my money.

I know this forum is not the place for public personal bashing and that is not my intention here. I just wanted to give everyone on this forum "Heads Up" on this guy as he, unlike ALL others I have encountered in the aviation field is not to be trusted.