Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Series 7 Super Sport

Default Re: Series 7 Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    I just had too...
    I am trying different ways of orientation of photos. I keep forgetting to ask the person taking the photo to put the phone sideways to take photo. That seems to orient it in the correct upright position when I download it.

That is required at that stage of the build. We’ve all done it, and it’s fun.😀

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Question Re: Series 7 Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I used tinnerman nuts for the floorboards; very easy, self-centering, don't strip, easily replaced if necessary.
    Apologies for the dated questions, but I'm just getting going (on both the kit and this forum). I bought a 4/2020 kit (virtually untouched) in 6/2023 and I just started having time to work on it a few weeks ago.

This makes lots of sense and I love it. The #6x3/8" screws that came with the kits simply aren't capable of threading through the metal tabs (they either aren't long enough or aren't tough enough to tap the tab). For now, I drilled the holes to 1/8" and counter sank (sinked or sunk?) on both sides before using a stainless steel #8 metal screw, but now that I've done that I really-really like the idea of using Tinnerman Nuts. Would you mind sharing which Tinnerman nut you used and which screw? And, who did you order from?

Thanks!

PS - great governor, I'm just getting started and what an interesting learning experience. I love it!!
    Last edited by sshort21; 09-10-2023 at 03:26 PM.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ickkey=3008239
    These or something like them work for what you are doing. I used them for the baggage compartment so I could remove it if ever needed.
    Aircraft spruce will have different ones if you prefer the flat kind also.
    Last edited by Kitfox Pilot; 09-10-2023 at 06:26 PM.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

I am going by memory, but I believe I used #6 x 1/2" screws philips head (not self-tapping). I used the plain flat #6 tinnerman nuts. All were ordered from Aircraft Spruce.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS