Quote Originally Posted by Birdseyeview View Post
John, I appreciate your suggestion about your rpm choices during the P-sync. From your response it sounds like you are also using a CarbMate. When you get a "REF" or "CARB2" reading that needs adjustment what logic do you apply to determine what direction the applicable throttle cable is to be moved?

I've also been trying the P-sync while the engine is running and my Kitfox 6 has the short cowl (same as the series 5) which puts me even closer to the spinning prop. I get very nervous during that operation and have been trying to rush through it, which may be why I've had some trouble with the P-sync. I plan to try again soon, take my time and be more methodical about it.

I'm not really sure, Larry. I've just started moving it in one direction, and if no change occurs I go the other way. I think you could probably put some pressure in the middle of the exposed cable with your finger and see if it makes an improvement. That would have the effect of shortening that cable without affecting the other carb's cable, and tell you what way to go (if that makes sense to you).