My build manual showed the installation of my Bing 64 carbs with their throttle and choke cable interfaces positioned inboard on the manifolds and with the manifolds bending towards the outboard positions. This is the way I assembled the carbs on the engine originally but I was dissatisfied with the accessibility of the throttle and choke cables and return springs and I had some photos of other builders carb/manifold installs and their cable interfaces were positioned on the outboard sides. As a result, I recently switched my carbs positions so the cable interfaces are now both positioned on the outboard sides too. I left the manifolds in their current outboard leaning positions. This position now makes all the interface points easy to check and adjust. This might have impacted the length of my existing throttle and choke cables but I drilled a new hole in the firewall for the left throttle cable and used the original hole for the right cable and they both just reached their respective carbs. Since I was changing my choke cable to a new T handle turn-to-lock version anyway the choke cable length was a non-issue. However, I did redrill the firewall holes for the new choke cable to optimize the cable routing. See the before and after pictures below of the right side carb:

IMG_8412 (1).jpgIMG_8409 (1).jpg

In the process of the changes described above I have been having some issues with hard starting and fuel venting and rough idle and as I was searching the Rotax heavy maintenance manual for information I noticed the following figure on page 33 of section 73-00-00:

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 8.29.02 AM.png

Now I'm wondering if by moving my carb positions I should also be swapping the guts of the choke mechanism to match the figure above. The last time I started the engine I had to use some starter fluid to get it started and I'm not sure if its related to the carb move or not. I'm believing my on-going carb venting issue is unrelated to the carb position swap and I'm chasing other ideas to solve that issue. Any thoughts / suggestions on the figure above? Did any of you have to swap out these choke parts to get the choke to function properly?