My old KF 4 that I sold was involved in an on the ground loss of control. I believe one brake was accidentally applied, causing the loss of control on landing and the plane verred off to the right, basically ground looped, and the grove landing collapsed. I have gotten it back to finish the repairs that were already started. (finishing wing tip repair, and flaperon replacement) There is an area under the passenger door that apparently had some wrinkled fabric, that was being worked on prior to me getting it. It was believed that something ripped the fabric, but when I look at it, it appears that there is some bent tubing, including the Longeron tubing that caused wrinkled fabric.

Couple of questions for folks who have dealt with this.....

There is no kinked tubing but there are 2 areas that the paint chipped off in a ringlike fashion around the tubing at both ends. Looks like these were areas that may have flexed. There is a slight arch in the bottom of the door frame that is parallel the arch in the longeron tubing so my thought is that when the landing collapsed, it torqued against the longeron and arched both lengths of tubing. The original builder reinforced the area around the landing gear so it held up but essentially moved the stress farther back.

Looking for Thoughts on.....is it necessary to cut out this tubing with the rings of paint missing on each end and replaced them?

What are the odds that I could straighten this area as a unit, like using hydraulics to pull the slight arch out of both pieces of tubing at the same time.

Any other words of wisdom on dealing with this? I have seen posts about this but none with just minor bends like this.

Here are some pics:
IMG_4574.jpgIMG_4573.jpgIMG_4576.jpgIMG_4572.jpgIMG_4577.jpgIMG_4575.jpg