Dusty,

Thanks for your response.

Bob,

Maybe this is a conspiracy to sale Mr. Gasket products My long story...

I checked/weighed the floats. They were good. I replaced the float needles even though the original needles and seats looked great and adjusted the float height correctly. I still had the same problem of fuel going overboard.

I put a Mr. Gasket 0-15 psi analog gauge in the carb supply line to verify the digital gauge, followed by a Mr. Gasket regulator to allow me to control the pressure.

Without the engine running. the analog gauge and digital gauge registered the same using a primer to supply pressure and I could pressurize to 7 psi without fuel leaving the carb.

When I ran the engine, the analog gauge was pulsating from 0 to at least 10 psi rapidly (needle was a blur). Starting at 6 psi on the regulator, I went down in half psi increments to 3.5 psi and the carbs quit flooding.

I think the high pressure pulses are unseating the float valves and maybe another fuel pump is due or maybe a fuel pressure dampener... - but I don't think I should have to run a regulator.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts about replacing the fuel pump, pressure dampener, etc.

Charles