In preparation for my upcoming airworthiness inspection I was rereading my build manual and in the final assembly section there is a page that talks about the gas lines from the two wing tanks coming down to the header tank. Specifically it warns that the lines need to run continuously downhill from each wing tank towards the header tank without any high spots that could entrap air and cause an interruption in the fuel supply to the engine. This isn't usually an issue for the line down from the right wing tank because the header tank is more directly below that wing tank. However, the line down from the left wing tank has to come across the fuselage to get to the header tank and the cross over can easily cause a high spot in the line, especially with the straight barbed fitting it connects to in the top of the header tank (per the build manual). I noticed mine had such a high spot but I easily solved it by replacing the straight barbed fitting with a brass 90 degree street elbow ($5 from ACE hardware). Then the original barbed fitting comes out of that street elbow at a better angle and virtually eliminates the possibility of a high spot in the line. See my before and after pictures below.

IMG_8318.jpgIMG_8319.jpg